September 17 – 19, 2021
We’re looking forward to our annual acoustic folk music weekend at French Creek state park near Elverson, PA. The park is about an hour from Philly. French Creek Music Retreat is a resurrection of a family folk music festival of old.
French Creek Music Retreat (FCMR) – COVID Guidelines
To keep the French Creek Music Retreat safe and fun for everyone, we are updating our COVID guidelines for the event. These policies are informed by the most recent guidance available from the CDC and our Berks County’s health department, and the FCMR Planning Committee. We are confident that these basic steps will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
To participate in the retreat, participants will be required to be fully vaccinated. “Fully vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after your Johnson & Johnson shot or two weeks after your second Moderna or Pfizer shot. Upon arrival at the Camp Lodge you must show Proof of Vaccination, no exceptions. We will be checking at the entry point/door for proof of vaccination. Bring your card, or a photo of your card, or a passport app. Please be patient with the gate-keepers. We are also requiring that Masks be worn inside the building(s) (except if/when we eat indoors). We are also going to only sing outdoors or with a Mask indoors. This is to insure the safety of all.
You must Preregister to participate – you can pay the registration fee on arrival. None of the French Creek Music Retreat event will be open to the public but only to those participants who sign up. This will be strictly enforced.
We kindly ask that if you are feeling sick, please stay home and take care of yourself. If you feel sick at the gathering, please go home and take care of yourself.
We thank you for your help and consideration. These safety measures keep us all safely playing. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns about these policies. You can reach us by responding to this email or by calling 610-657-2597.
Together in Song,
Bonnie, Clare, Cliff, Laura. Rob & Norm
We meet in Group Camp 1 (GPS coordinates: 40.204856, -75.796087 – On the map it says “French Creek Bible Conference), which has a large lodge and cabins available that sleep 2 or 4. The camp is reserved for the weekend of Sept. 17-19, 2021 for this event that focuses on acoustic instrumentalists and singers. We can have some great jams with workshops throughout the day! The registration fee includes a bed in a 2 or 4 person rustic cabin with old metal bed frames (See photos at bottom of page). An air mattress or foam pad, good flashlight, and bug spray are recommended.
This event begins at 5:00 Friday evening, and we need to be cleaned up and out of the lodge by noon on Sunday. Because of COVID-19 cautions, please plan to bring your own food for the weekend (bring your own dishes & utensils). Please bring your own folding chairs for outdoor jams and workshops.
There will be jam sessions and pop-up workshops for those interested. You can go hiking, boating, playing frisbee golf, badminton, enjoy campfire circles, etc. You can become friends on Facebook to see photos of the camp at https://www.facebook.com/groups/158619740929577/.
The cost is only $25 per person for this all-volunteer weekend, Saturday only is $15, and Friday only is $5.00 (children 17 and under are free). Everyone will be assigned a small job to help run the camp smoothly.
On Friday night there will be a $5 spaghetti dinner. Please indicate your interest on the registration form (see link below).
Friday Evening: Festivities begin with a spaghetti dinner around 5:00 with an evening open jam session following. See details for the dinner on the registration form.
Saturday: Jamming and a few pop-up workshops during the day.
A download of SPUDS tune sets is HERE, and also shown below.
AND click HERE to download additional tunes with notes, chords, and mountain dulcimer TAB.
- Bonaparte Crossing the Rhine (D)/ Down the Brae (Am)/ Bill Sullivan’s (A)
- Go and ‘List for a Sailor (Em)/Shoes and Stockings (G)/ Dinah (A)
- Pays de Haut (D)/ Reel de Pere Leon (G) / Alfred Montmarquette’s (Em)
- Stone’s Rag II (C)/ Red Apple Rag (G)
- Hunting the Buffalo(G)/Cold Frosty Morning (Am/A)/ Puncheon Floor (D/G)
- Benton’s Dream (A)/ Return to Milltown (Dm/D)/ Eddie’s Reel (G)
- Ballydesmond Polka #2 (Am)/ Denis Murphy’s Polka (D)/ On the Danforth (A)
- Shove that Pig’s Foot (G)/ Grasshopper Sittin’ on a Sweet Potato Vine (D)/ Squirrel Hunter (Em)
- Eli Greene’s Cakewalk (Em)/Dubuque (D)/ Booth Shot Lincoln (A)
- Tam Lin (Dm)/ Dick Gossip’s (D)/ The Reconciliation (A)
- Far from Home (G)/ Evit Gabriel (Em)/ Evil Diane (A)
- Dominion Reel (C)/ Rickett’s Hornpipe (D)/ Quindaro Hornpipe (G)
- Road to Lisdoonvarna (Em)/ Scolley’s (Em)/ Dinky’s (A)
- Boys of Antrim (D)/ Mug of Brown Ale (Am)/ Stool of Repentance (A)
- Idlewild Jig (D)/ White Petticoat (Em)/ Stan Chapman’s (A)
- Blackthorn Stick (G)/ Behind the Bush in the Garden (Am)/ Connaughtman’s Rambles (D)
- Joe Bouchard’s Jig (D)/ Bert Ferguson’s (A)/ Sean Ryan’s (Am)
- Leaving Lismore (D)
- Tombigbee (G)
- Aker Erland’s Schottis (Gm)